Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Fire! Fire!















Back in October, 2007, the state of California suffered from a prolonged heatwave, low humidity levels and the howling Santa Ana Winds. The three elements needed for fire season. The fires literally hit close to home to me and my family here in Orange County, California, It was quickly determined that the fire in in Orange County was set by an arsonist. A horrible tragedy indeed. Several LONG, scary days of fire and a relentless wind and humidity drove me to design the scene above. Here are a few pics I took in the chaos of the first days of the fires.
A great big thank you to all the fire personnel from all over the state of California and the Irvine Police department for all their efforts.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That was such a scary time! I remember the ashes coming down, the smell... frightening.

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

It was horrible up here in SCV too. Thanks for the shout out to our first responders.

Logo Guy said...

I know it was horrible for all of California. Hope we never go through that again.